- Air Conditioning
An understanding Worldwide
Vrijdag 25 mei
On 25 May 2018, the new GDPR will apply.
Below our privacy statement.
HVAC Europe processes your personal data carefully, safely and reliable. It is important that you have confidence in our organization, that is why we will protect your privacy. The rules on protecting your privacy are laid down in the General Data Protection Regulation, whereby the Dutch Data Protection Authority supervises compliance with the law.
HVAC Europe acts within the framework of the law.
Structure of the privacy statement
This document explains which personal data we process and for what purposes. We explain for which services we process the data and on what legal basis we can do this. Sharing of data with other parties has been discussed as well as the processing of personal data outside the EU. The security of personal data is dealt together with the processing of the retention periods. Lastly, a section has been added about which rights you have and you have the possibility to file a complaint or to contact HVAC Europe.
Who is the controller?
HVAC Europe located in IJmuiden is the controller for the processing of personal data. Any questions about this document, or the processing of data (request to view, change or delete data) can be asked by e-mail via email@example.com.
What are personal data?
Personal data are all data that can be traced back to a person. Examples include your name, address, telephone number and account number, but photos and biometric data are also personal data.
Are you obliged to provide personal information?
Sometimes we are legally obliged to store or provide certain personal data of you. For example your name and address details.
In many cases it is necessary to use a number of personal data from you in order to be able to offer you a service or product that you purchase from us. In that case, the use of your personal data is necessary for the contract or pre-contractual phase.
In theses cases you are obliged to provide information to us. Otherwise, we cannot meet our legal and/or contractual obligations.
Collecting data from others?
HVAC Europe does not collect data from third parties. We only process information from the people involved.
Which categories of personal data do we use?
Personal data can be subdivided into categories. We use the following categories of personal data from you:
Category personal data Explanation
Name and address details For delivery of our products and correct addressing of our invoices, etc.
Contact details To maintain contact with the right person, we need your e-mail address and/or telephone number.
For what purposes do we use your data?
We use the mentioned personal data for the following purposes:
• for the realization and execution of an agreement concluded with you;
• to offer you the agreed services, products and/or information, and to adapt these to your needs and wishes;
• to ensure your and our safety;
• to give you the opportunity to post and exchange information on one of the websites or if the website offers the possibility to contact other users;
• to invoice if it concerns a paid service/product. We never publish financial information on a website, nor are we available for third parties for purposes other than the execution of the agreement. For example, when payment is not made for our products or services, we can place the claim to third parties, such as a debt collection agency;
• to make targeted offers, e.g. via e-mail. It is also possible to display an advertisement on a website or in a app of a product whose user, on the basis of date processed by it, suspects that it is of interest to you. In context of the optimization of making offers, the user can draw up a profile of you;
• to send you a newsletter, offer, user information, service message or other electronic messages.
Based on which legal basis do we use your data?
Legal basis Explanation
Legal obligation HVAC Europe collects personal data to be able to comply with its legal obligations such as in the context of export of following the law on turnover or payroll tax.
Justified interest To prevent theft and to protect visitors and employees within our premises, we use camera surveillance. The cameras are only active in the most necessary places – only upon entry.
No sound recordings are made and the images are automatically deleted after a maximum of 4 weeks.
Existence of automated individual decision making
HVAC Europe does not use automated individual decision-making. This is not necessary for our services. For example, this means that HVAC Europe does not do profiling.
Do we share data with other parties?
We do not provide the (personal) data you provide to other parties, unless it is necessary for the execution of the agreement or to fulfil a legal obligation.
Are your data being brought outside the EU?
HVAC Europe has as its main point to process personal data only within the EU. Since the GDPR is applicable within the EU, an appropriate level of protection can always be guaranteed.
How do we secure your data?
The security of personal data is very important. HVAC Europe ensures that we take appropriate different technical and organizational measures to ensure that the personal data cannot be misused or otherwise end up with the wrong person. We ensure that, if we transfer your personal data to other organizations such as the processors, these organizations maintain the same standards.
How long do we keep your data?
We do not store your data for longer than necessary to achieve the objectives stated in this privacy statement.
What rights do you have?
HVAC Europe considers it important that you can exercise the rights you are entitled to according to the law. That is why it is very easy to contact us by telephone on 0031 255 52 24 20.
You can exercise the following rights:
• The right of access: you have the right to inspect the personal data we process about you.
• The right of correction: if the personal data that we process of you are incorrect, you have the right to adjust it.
• The right of removal: if we no longer need your personal data for the purpose for which we received it, you have the right to ask us to remove it. Here are a few exceptioins, such as our obligation to retain certain data, for example, for tax authorities.
• The right of limitation: during the period that we are in the process of determining whether your data must be rectified, determining the (un)lawfulness of data processing, determining whether data must be deleted or you have placed an objection to the processing, you have the right to request the restriction of processing.
• The right of data portability: at your request we must transfer all personal data that we have of you to you or another organization of your choice. You can only exercise this right if the data is processed on the basis of permission or agreement.
• The right of objection: if we process data according to legitimate interest or public interest, it is possible to make an objection after which a conflict of interests will follow. In case of direct marketing you always have the right of objection.
Submit a complaint to the competent authority: Authority for Personal Data
It is important to HVAC Europe to have satisfied customers. Even thought we do everything we can to achieve this, you may not be satisfied. It is possible to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority, if it concerns the protection of personal data.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions, a complaint of a comment, you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0031 255 52 24 20.